lightroom vs acdsee 6 pro -some setings id like to configure

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert s

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
I know LR doesnt adjust the picture on the fly. thats what I love about acdsee. I can go into a folder, edit all those pictures on the fly. delete then as I need to from one to the next. I even configured it to not even ask.
with LR I would like to be able to
1-edit the picture with out the export option later. possible? wastes too much time exporting. using my brothers pc with xp and 3.4 I simply want the pictures to be edited on the fly and not have to deal with exporting after.
2-when I delte a file from the timeline/filmstrip at the bottom of the screen(dont know the name) I want it to be removed from the folder (like acdsee does). I dont want to go back and start looking for images I delted. very hard to do so with those small thumbnails.

there are more things but these are the two main ones. btw does LR work with nef files in the filmstrip way? I tried working with D3 camera nef and it didnt open them.
thank you.

You do realise that you don't need to Export each photo as youve done it don't you? You export the lot when you're finished. It takes even less time doing it that way than if you were saving each one in ACDC as you went along.

And were you really doing 1,000 photos on a film camera at weddings? That's 27 rolls of film......... Then scanning 1,000 photos into your computer? If you did, then you really have no issue griping about a few seconds here or there.

yes I was doing around 1000 pictures. they were all printed. I scanned them in nikon coolscan 4 then 4000, then 5000. edited what I needed then burned and gave the couple the pics to choose which to print. dont forget 12 hour coverage and weddings here are never less than 300+ people. never. mostly it was 400+ people.

exactly why im saying that today im just tired of editing already. been through it all. my patience is low. when I know I have to edit, its just an annoying chore. I just wnt to photograph. editing is not fun. but now its 2500 pics. so a lot of time is needed as well. I need something quick. been a pro photog for many years so while I love photographing, the editing is too tiring.

If you'd like to stick with Adobe software, but are looking for more flexibility, you might also like to investigate using the Adobe Camera Raw interface hosted by Bridge (which ships with Photoshop). It's the same processing engine as Lightroom, but Bridge acts as a browser - more like ACDC.

Or if you're fed up with editing, you could check into companies who will do the raw processing for you. It's very similar to sending the films to the lab, so it might be just the thing for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back