Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 6 (v 6.14)
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi, I'm hoping for some help understanding what on earth is going on with Adobe and my version of Lightroom (desktop v6.4)...

For a while the Adobe Creative Cloud hanger-on (the thing that monitors Adobe products in the background and announces updates etc) has been suggesting I "Update" Lightroom Classic CC. I do not have it installed so generally ignore it. Quite possibly, as some point in the past, I think I mistook "Classic" in the title as referring to my (arguably "classic") version of LR and may have started an update process but I think I stopped or uninstalled it).

More recently... I'm getting a persistent popup from Adobe saying my software is not genuine... LR 6.4 was purchased and licensed directly from Adobe so I've no idea what this is about. I've searched for other Adobe software and can only find Reader.

If anyone can provide some insight into what may be going on I would be grateful.

Can we see a screenshot of this popup?

It does sound like it's being a little overzealous. I'd give Adobe a call so they can help fix it.

I wasted most of my afternoon on the phone with Adobe trying to get this fixed. The first person I spoke told me that it is a problem at their end and they anticipate removing it from all customers’ computers within 12 hours. However I was put through to try and get it removed immediately as it causing serious problems to my workflow. Their call system is terrible and I had to go through four more people to get to someone who was able to help, having to explain the issue repeatedly. She removed some files, renamed a few and I had to use Adobe Cleaner and then reinstall LR. All of which resulted in....the same issue continuing... though the pop up now occurs a slightly more infrequent intervals now.
I have to say I am not impressed at all.
Using LR 6.14 with Mojave. Not a problem on my MacBook.

Adobe have upgraded the priority of the issue but I can’t expect a further response until 24-48 hours.

I spent sometime on to Adobe via live chat a few days back. I was assured it was escalated and I would be contacted within 24hrs.......... Needless to say..........

The same thing happened to me on 03/28 and I called the # given in the notice to create a complain case # . Adobe promised to stop sending the notice. However, the notice continued for few more days while I called both Adobe CS and the given phone # many times without successive.
Finally, I attached a copy of purchasing receipt (year 2015) from Adobe indicating my LR6 order with the date and order # to Adobe CS.
Looks it is stopped now ( have not seen the Non-G notice in the last two days).
I think that it is the Adobe marketing effort to push all old LR6 users into the cloud version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back