• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The May 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. There's a brand new slider called Texture, available across the whole family of apps. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Flat Field Correction. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has lots of big improvements including cloud trash, invitation-only web galleries, improved chromatic aberration removal and more. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes. You'll also notice the CC's have disappeared off the end of the names, so we've updated the forum names to match.

Lightroom Version

KB47

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Lightroom Version
Operating System
Windows 10
So, until Adobe decided to muck things up, LR was fairly easy to keep updated. However, I have no idea exactly what version I have. The Help > About tells me I have 2015.14...If I open Creative Cloud, and click on the down arrow by Lightroom Classic CC, then Manage, the Other Versions, I see the top version is 8.1. And, if I select it, it tells me that it will uninstall previous versions. I have no interest in the mobile functions....I want only the desktop app. But, I am a CC subscriber and should have it. So, what EXACTLY are the versions....?? When I go to the Pgm files > Adobe > Adobe Lightroom, and run the lightroom.exe, it gives me a screen that I have not seen before. And it's an interface that is very new and strange. So, which version do I have? Where is the most recent version? If I run the LightroomCC.exe, can I import my most recent catalog? I would appreciate any assistance here. I did look at other posts. The answers there were not helpful.

Jim Wilde

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
With the Photography Plan subscription, there are 2 versions of Lightroom included. One is Lightroom Classic, which is the updated version of the LR CC2015.14 that you are currently running, and the other is the cloud-centric new app which Adobe unfortunately decided to call Lightroom CC (and this is the app that you've probably opened by launching through the Program Files)..

So, when you open the Creative Cloud app you should see BOTH of these apps listed, but it is Lightroom Classic that is the desktop app that you want. So, what it shown alongside the Lightroom Classic entry: Open, Update, or Install? If it says "Open" , which I suspect it does, then you've already installed it but you're still (probably) using the old desktop or taskbar icon which launches the old cc2015.14 version....in which case simply click on Open and the new version will launch and offer to update your current catalog. Proceed with that and you're good to go, but do make sure you add the icon for Classic to your taskbar or desktop so that you don't keep launching the old version.

KB47

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
And, therein lies the problem.....in Adobe CC, I see Lightroom Classic CC, but when I click on Open, nothing happens. I can't seem to find where it put the program either. Is there a way to find this? Or do you know the folder structure, etc. so I can find the .exe. Or, how do I re-download the most current version? Thank you, BTW...!

KB47

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Just looking now, I have a folder under Adobe called 'Lightroom Classic CC'...however, there is no 'lightroom.exe'....nothing to start the progam. This tells me that something happened during the download that prevented the executable from getting saved? The only hitch here is that the properties on that directory show it was created February 2018.

Attachments

Hal P Anderson

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Look here:

KB47

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
OK, I have that folder structure....and I found Lightroom CC.....but....if you see the attached..the .exe is whacked. How do I get Adobe CC to download it and re-install? There is perhaps a sideways entry here, but I am not sure how to get to it.....!
Thank you in advance...!

Attachments

KB47

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
OK....thank you all here for your help !!! I took a chance and using CC rolled back what it 'thought' was the installed version to the prior one (8.1)....this downloaded and installed. When I started it up...it converted the catalog. Then CC prompted me to download the 8.2 version.....and this time it worked...! I had hesitated to do this before because sometimes.....rolling back a version is a very bad thing to do....but it worked.....thank you again for your time...!!