Lightroom v5.7 (non-subscription) does not import all photos from camera

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
v5.7
Operating System
macOS 10.12 Sierra
I know . . . please don't tell me to upgrade to the LR CC version (that will come in time, soon maybe). My problem is that ever since I upgraded to Mac Sierra I find that Lightroom does not import all my photos. I almost always have to repeat the importing session. Worse if I have a 50 Mb/18 second video when shooting RAW files.

I understand that memory cards, in this case 32 Gb SDHC 600x speed , can deteriorate in time from wear and tear and from frequent Formatting. Can someone explain why I am having this problem? By the way, the last import only had about 25 RAW files and 3-18 second videos --a lot less than my sometime shooting a couple of hundred RAW files from one outing.

Replytoken

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Have you tried to copy the files to your computer and then import them from that location? This will help you rule out possible issues with your card reader, USB port and/or camera cable if you import directly from the camera. And, have you tied to import into a new catalog to rule out possible catalog issues?

--Ken

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I can try importing files directly from computer, but can I still post process them in LR? It seems like if I do this, I will still be importing to LR. On the other hand, I can try importing to a new catalog. Thanks for the tip.

Replytoken

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
LR is indifferent where your files permanently reside so long as they do not get moved outside of the program once they are imported. Try both suggestions and report back what you find out. Then further troubleshooting will be possible.

Good luck,

--Ken