• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The August 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes advanced GPU support, batch HDR/pano merge and more. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has deleted photos on the desktop/mobile apps, as well as video support and batch metadata editing on Android. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Develop module lightroom to Photoshop.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic latest version.
Operating System
Windows 10
I have updated to the latest version of LR and PS. I do my main edits in LR but on some of the nef raw files I need to go into PS for some cloning etc. When the first lot of image adjustments are completed in LR, I go to edit open in PS 2019, when the work is done in PS I go to file and save. But the file is not being returned to LR, this has only happened since I have upgraded to the latest version's of LR and PS. I would be most grateful if anyone could help. The image appears to be returning to PS instead.
John.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Hi John and welcome to the forum.

A common cause for this is an active filter that is excluding the new derivative file. It also could be your sort order selected in the Tool bar. That is the first place to look

Also try selecting "All Photographs" source in the left panel and in the Grid mode use a text search with a string that will match the filename of the derivative. That could help you locate where Lightroom ended up placing it.

-louie