• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom Thinks photos are under 2 different drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayna

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic Version 8.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi all - Not sure what I did but under folders, the drive I always use (DM-Primary) , and the drive that has all of my photos is only showing 56 of my 17k+ photos and then underneath, there is an "E" drive with all of my photos folder. There is no "E" drive on my computer anywhere and when I right click to find the missing folder (Which is on my "D" drive) I am getting this error message: an internal error has occurred : ?:0 attempt to index field "?" (a nil value) Here is a screen shot of my panel - any help would be greatly appreciated!
Picture1.png

Which folder are you right-clicking on? And does that error message appear immediately, or do you see the right-click context menu first?

I am right clicking on my photos folder with the? Under the E drive and it’s giving me options and I am selecting “find missing photos” and then I get that error message… Thanks

I assume you mean you select "Find Missing Folder", yes? And does that error message appear immediately, or do you see a file browser window open first (which is what should happen)?
Do you have a reasonably up-to-date catalog backup? Reason for asking is I suspect there's something wrong with your current catalog, as I have never known that error message to appear when just trying to select the Find Missing Folders message.

I tend to agree with Jim. One other thing you may want to change your LR backup preference to "every time Lightroom Exits" and then close LR. when the backup dialog pops up, check both the "test integrity" and "optimize catalog" boxes and let LR perform those operations and take a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back