• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom Sync Count discrepancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColMac9090

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I've had a problem where the count of the images in albums in LR Web was showing 1 more image in total than I thought should be there. In addition there were a few "non collection" images.

I have approx 5000 of my images in LR Classic synced to LR Web. Over time, I have managed to get some issues with total numbers as All Photos in LR web had approx 90 more images than I expected, as well as the spurious 1 discrepancy in the Albums/Collection count. After a fairly long and arduous process I managed to identify those 90 images and got them deleted from LR Web.

This still left me with a Problem where LR web was showing 1 more image in all photos than I thought should be there.

LR Web All Photos 4955
LR Classic Preferences 4954
Count of all images in Synced Collections 4954
Count of all images in LR Web Albums 4954

I had tried several times to select all 4955 images in LR Web and place them all in a new Web Album which would then sync back to the local Classic. Each time I tried it, I managed to select 4955 images, LR Web teld me that 4955 images would be added to my new Album, but when I checked it, there were only 4954 images in the newly created album (All photos still showed 4955). I tried this 3 more times, and the same happened. Finally however (after deleting the 90 non-Collection images), I got a new web album with 4955 images showing.

Once LR Classic had updated however, it showed just 4954 images (LR Web still shows 4955 in All Photos and in the new Album.)

Can anyone suggest a solution? In some ways it doesn't matter, but I do like things to be right, and I'm concerned that I have have a corrupt image (or worse, database) somewhere that may show up in the future. Is it a case of deleting all the web images and starting again?

I have screen grabs of nearly all these stages if it helps.

Perhaps the one image was a VC (Virtual copy) in Classic which is translated to a regular image in Cloudy? Not sure if any merit to this suggestion, just an idea.

Perhaps the one image was a VC (Virtual copy) in Classic which is translated to a regular image in Cloudy? Not sure if any merit to this suggestion, just an idea.

That's a great suggestion, and one I hadn't even thought about, but there are a total of 15 Virtual copies in Classic, and all are appearing in Web.

I had already ensured that there were no videos involved in Classic either.

Colin

... there are a total of 15 Virtual copies in Classic, and all are appearing in Web.
I think you need to check the other way around: there may be an image in Web which corresponds to a virtual copy which has since been deleted from Classic. Thus, giving you a one-higher count on the Web side than in your Classic catalog.

I get this problem once in a while, and it always seems to be caused by the deletion of a virtual copy in Classic which, for some reason, does not get deleted from the cloud.

Thanks califdan & prbimges for the input. It was a rogue Virtual Copy sitting there on LR Web.

I managed to identify the month where there was a discrepancy by checking Classic v Web, then I managed to identify the extra image on Web.

Many thanks again

Colin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back