• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom stuck syncing 5 photos for days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

happygun

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Hi all,

I have just started using lightroom mobile again. I am stuck uploading with 5 photos to go on my laptop for a few days.

I have removed the "Sync.lrdata" file at /Users//Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata, that forced a re-sync, but still have 5 photos uploading.

On a separate note,
how can I manage how much space lightroom mobile uses on my device? How do I set it to download a collection locally, and once I am done editing that collection, to remove it from the local device but not from adobe cloud? I don't see any settings (beyond clear cache) which seems to manage local data.

Lightroom CC 2015.1
OSX 10.10.4

Lightroom Mobile v 1.5.1

Last edited:
Can't help very much with the first question. How many images do you have synced overall? Is doing a "Delete All Data" and starting again a practical proposition? If you've already done that and you still have the same issue, it would tend to suggest there's a problem with one of those last 5. Can you identify them? If so, try removing them from the sync one by one to see if that frees things up. If you can ID the culprit, anything different about it that might have caused the problem?

Regarding managing space on the iDevice, the best way would be to use the "Offline Editing" option. Lightroom initially downloads a smallish preview which doesn't take up much space, but when you open an image into the Loupe view for viewing/editing the larger smart preview is downloaded. This latter activity can be done for the entire collection before even opening in on the iDevice, using the initial Collections view. By clicking on the 3 white dots on the collection thumbnail you'll get some options displayed. Selecting "Enable Offline Editing" means that all the full-size previews for the images in that collection will be downloaded to the device....the idea being of course that you can then work on those images even if the device goes offline. Obviously that takes up more space on the device, so you can reverse the process once you have done editing, i.e. select "Disable Offline Editing" and the space is then released.

I have just started using lightroom mobile again. I am stuck uploading with 5 photos to go on my laptop for a few days.

Would it make you feel any better to know I have the same problem with 14 mystery photos at the moment? I have a bug report in.

Well we got a bit further. It appears my mystery files are videos uploaded from my iPhone that haven't uploaded properly. No closer to finding a solution yet though.

Ok, I think we have a winner. The problem files turned out to be videos that hadn't uploaded properly from the phone. The solution was to go to http://lightroom.adobe.com, sign in and check the collections for black video files with exclamation marks, and then delete those problem files. Once I did so, the desktop stuck sync fixed itself.

I am also having this problem. I've tried Victoria's solution, but that is not applicable in my case. I have no videos. No photos show up with an exclamation point either.

Hi tjevans, welcome to the forum!

Ok, have a look at the Collections panel on the desktop and see if you can find any sync icons with 3 dots directly underneath.

I had a few days break in Brussels, and used my iPhone as my camera, importing everything into Lr Mobile on the phone. Whenever I was on WiFi it tried to sync, and by the end of our break I had around 100 images waiting to sync. Turns out the Hotel WiFi was absolute Basic which allowed me to check e-mail and limited surfing.
Now I'm home, the sync is proceeding nicely on my home network, and all the images are transferring across to all the devices. I've come to the conclusion that it depends on the speed or restrictions on the various WiFi sources I've used in the last week. Would I be correct in that asumption?

Ah that's good news. Yes, it getting stuck part way through syncing photos could cause it.

Just a footnote to this, I was editing some images in Lr when an image popped up on my phone in the Folders section. Turns out it was a video I'd taken in Brussels on the 19th August. I thought I'd acidentally deleted it, but it turned up over two weeks later. Looks like it had been in the ether somewhere, and was in the collection too. So they do get through, eventually.

Ok, I think we have a winner. The problem files turned out to be videos that hadn't uploaded properly from the phone. The solution was to go to http://lightroom.adobe.com, sign in and check the collections for black video files with exclamation marks, and then delete those problem files. Once I did so, the desktop stuck sync fixed itself.

Right, I deleted 6 files with exclamation marks from the collections in lightroom online. Lightroom on my laptop now says it is stuck syncing 4 photos (previously 5)

And I do haave 2 collections with 3 dots underneath the sync symbol - what does that represent?

Victoria's on holiday right now. Try bumping again in a week or so....

Yes, removing the photos that were stuck did the trick and I haven't seen it again since.

I have had this same problem. It has happened when I work on Lr mobile and then let the edited images sync back to my account. The first time I was able to remove the files in question from my sync'd collections on my desktop. That worked the first time but not the second. I couldn't find the sync.lrdata file so I "Deleted All Data" from Lightroom > Preferences > Lightroom mobile. That worked.
When I went online to lightroom.adobe.com I had 16 photos in the problem collection. My desktop only had 14. I wasn't able to delete the two extra images from the online gallery so I did the "Delete All Data". Its a bit of a pain but it did work.

Update: I again had trouble with the sync getting stuck and not finishing. It happened when I was in Lr mobile and selected an image to edit in Lr Fix. Once I was done with Fix I was brought back to Lr mobile. Everything seemed OK till I tried to sync. Then it was hung up again.

This seems to be a fix:
  • I changes a preference to in Lr on my desktop to tell Lr where to store images from Lr mobile.
  • Lightroom > Preferences > Lr mobile
  • Specify location for Lr mobile Images. There was no folder picked as default.
  • These images, which were edited in Lr fix will automatically import to specified folder on Lr desktop.
  • Drag and drop within Lr desktop if you want them associated with original images.

Last edited:
I have the same problem. "Syncing 1 Photo" never goes away from LR desktop. LR Mobile shows that everything is synced.

Is the best solution to un-sync everything and then re-sync? I've got 16,000 photo synced right now...

Double check for an unusual video in your Camera Roll attempting to sync back to your desktop. If your system is up-to-date, the stuck single is like a slo-mo, time-lapse or something weird.

Thanks for answering. I did find a couple of slow-mo videos on my phone and deleted them, but that didn't do it. Any other ideas? Is there no process for identifying which photo LR is attempting to sync?

This is driving me mad. I have not found a way to solve this, and I suspect that it's impacting exporting catalogs. I'm checking in Adobe's forums for any possible solutions.

Update to 2015.6 - there's a new Pending Sync Activity section in Preferences, which shows what's currently stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back