Lightroom Slideshow Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

watson4

I am trying to run the Lightroom Slideshow module from the PC-side of my MacBookPro running Parallels. It had worked fine before; but now, when I hit 'Play' the screen goes black. This also happens when I try to preview the slideshow. I have the latest upgrade; however, on the control panel it does not have the block that allows you to select monitors below the "Soundtrack" selector.

Lightroom is installed on both sides of my laptop. Slideshow works fine on the Mac-side. Any suggestions? Thanks

watson4

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, this will not work as my system is configured. I am using a MacBook Pro and running Parallels which appears as an application on the Mac OS; therefore, as an application there are no drivers to update within Parallels. I may just resort to using Lightroom on the Mac-side. It is frustrating since Lightroom had been working on both sides. Fortunately, I have PSCS3 versions for Mac and PC.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I'll check that out next time I boot Parallels Watson. I am interested to know why you're wanting to run it on the Parallels install rather than the Mac install though, as it should be a lot faster under OS X than a virtual XP.

watson4

I was running it on the PC-side since I had been working exclusively on a PC prior to getting the MacBook Pro. Many of the images I work with are medical images that come off equipment that capture images of scans or arrays that are in formats that are most accessible on the PC.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Have you considered setting up Parallels' shared folders?

I tend to keep all of my images in my Mac install, and then access them either from the Mac (LR, CS3, etc) or from Parallels (odd windows only programs) - I get top speeds from the Mac programs, but still have access from the Windows side.

M

melissa

Can I get hardware specs from you, please? And the version of Parallels you're using so I can try to repro?

Usually when Slideshow doesn't run its a video card issue, or that LR thinks the video hardware isn't up to it. I'm wondering if there was a change in video handling in the latest Parallels update.

DonRicklin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
watson4;289' said:
Thanks Victoria! I will set up the shared folders as you suggested...Don
PLease do fill in your Signature with requested System and Gear listings under User CP in the menu above.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.