• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom premade filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

osse1000kilo

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom classic 10.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
So for some years ago i made a preset that when u press x u mark a picture that u dont want that picture,

so i made a preset that hides those images from being shown but i cant replicate this preset as i have

absolutley no idea on how i did that as i tried to import the preset but comes up with an error saying that the preset

cannot be imported as its not in a fileway lightroom can import.

So does anyone have any idea on this.

I'm not sure why you need to create a preset to filter out rejected photos, and that option is easily available using the standard Library Filter:

Select whatever source to want to filter, such as All Photographs, or a folder, or a collection, etc.
Make sure you are in Grid view.
Make sure the Library Filter bar is visible at the top of the Grid. If it's not, press the back-slash key (\) to toggle the view of the Filter bar.
On the Filter bar, click on the "Attribute" tab.
Then you will see various "attributes" that you can select to filter on, you want the small "Flag" group of three icons. Click to enable the first icon, which is the icon for any image which is currently "picked". Then click on the middle icon, which is the icon for any image which is currently "unlabelled", i.e. is neither "picked" nor "rejected". Do NOT click on the third icon, which is for any image which currently contains the "rejected" (X) icon.
So with the filter set like that, you will see all images in the selected source which are either picked or unlabelled, but you will not see any images which are currently "rejected". If you then apply the reject flag to any image in the selected source, it will immediately be hidden from view as it no longer meets the filter criteria.

If you decide you'd prefer to have a preset for that very simple filter, at the point where you have clicked on the first two icons you can easily save that setting as a preset by clicking on the up/down arrows at the far right of the Filter Bar, and in the resulting dropdown list click on "Save Current Settings as New Preset".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back