Lightroom Post External Edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Makaha

G'Day everyone,
Totally new guy on the block and glad to be here.Great Forum.Been using Lightroom since its birth many long nights of joy and frustration wish you were around then.
My query is when you edit externally in Photoshop or Elements(currently using but will make leap to big brother) and are finished and sending back to Lightroom do you need to flatten layers or can you save from final edit point.I don't want to be arrested for bruising or assaulting pixels.
Thanks for any info Mark.

Just save as normal but with maximum compatibility on, if that applies to Elements.

Thanks for that so i can save from the last edit are the files any larger?
Mark
That would depend on what you have done with the file, a new layer would increase the file size.

Have edited a photo in elements and sent it back to Lightroom both ways.If i flatten layers before sending back to Lightroom the file seems smaller in size is this the best way of doing it. I am a novice with external editors but am up to speed with Lightroom.Thank for your input Geoff.
Mark

Makaha;276' said:
Have edited a photo in elements and sent it back to Lightroom both ways.If i flatten layers before sending back to Lightroom the file seems smaller in size is this the best way of doing it. I am a novice with external editors but am up to speed with Lightroom.Thank for your input Geoff.
Mark
What is the file type you are using Mark?

The file type is PSD sent and return.The reason i'm using Elements is to understand the use of layers before i jump and invest in Photoshop CS3.So far am getting decent results when i return to Lightroom to print. It just that i read somewhere that Lightroom doesn't read layers that is why you have to flatten before returning to Lightroom so far i don't know whether this is true or not.
Thanks Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back