Lightroom plug ins without the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I have a big printer in a building that does not have internet, and is too far from the house to pick up wi fi. When I try to use a Nik plug in on LR 6, it keeps waiting for an internet connection, and won't open the plug in.

does this mean I have to use the computer in the house and transfer files to a thumb drive to print?

If the Nik Plugins require an internet connection, you can't use them when no internet is available (While this seems unlikely, who is to say what is in the mind of Google).
You should not need any plugin to print unless you are using a plugin that works with the print module.

FWIW. the Nik Plugins work for me when I disconnect my computer from all internet.

Last edited:
thanks Cletus, I think there must be a command that needs to be deleted from LR. It keeps wanting to go to LR mobile. My plugins are not dependent on the internet, they are on the hard drive. Is there a way to disable LR mobile?

thanks Cletus, I think there must be a command that needs to be deleted from LR. It keeps wanting to go to LR mobile. My plugins are not dependent on the internet, they are on the hard drive. Is there a way to disable LR mobile?
Could you update your LightroomForums user profile with the current OS &LR version. It is not clear to me if you are using a perpetual license (LR6) or a subscription (LRCC2015)

You don't need to sign out of LR Mobile if there is no internet connection. If you are running LR6 you might want to log out using the item to do so on the {Help} menu Also if you click on the ▼ to the right of the Identity plate, you can make sure that syncing with LR Mobile is stopped.

Thanks. I have a perpetual license, updated to the last update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back