• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom plan with 1TB External Editors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

russellsnr

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom plan with 1TB
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
Hi, I have been using Lightroom 6 on and off for a few years and finally capitulated and bought Lightroom plan with 1TB as it was on offer over the weekend, I assumed that as with LR 6 I would be able to add external editors as I don't have P/S but cannot see where to do this, can it be done at all? I also use the Colourchecker for my own camera colour profiles and cannot see this option either, so maybe I jumped before I looked and wasted two years subscription. Any help/advice Thankyou. Russ.

Russ, I think you may have chosen the wrong Lightroom subscription plan. There are two basic plans currently on offer:

1. The Lightroom plan with 1TB of cloud storage. Does not include Photoshop or Lightroom Classic, and as you've discovered it has no plug-in or external editor support (apart from PS).
2. The Photography Plan with 20GB of cloud storage. Includes Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, and Lightroom. LrClassic is the much-updated version of the LR6 that you were using and are used to, and which of course still has all the plug-in and external editor support.

Unless you specifically wanted to move your entire photo library to the cloud, I would have thought using Classic would be your best bet at this stage. You should be able to switch your subscription to the Photography Plan (the two plans are the same cost), then download and install Classic and use that to upgrade your final LR6 catalog. Contact Adobe Customer Care to get your plan changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back