Lightroom only subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian.B

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
G'day; it's been awhile . I was getting a bit left behind with my old faithful lr5 which basically does what I need.
But the question is; has there been any mention / thought that Adobe would have a lightroom only subscription as some stage . I don't need Ps or the Cloud part. Not even sure I want, or need any more than Lr5 however I do often wonder what I may be missing .
Mainly because I'm so used to it, Lr would seem to be the better photo organizing and first edit App while Affinity photo ticks the advanced editing boxes for me. Sadly On1 was (is) too unstable on my new computer--- I wasted lots of little dollars there!! :(
Cheers :)

Nope, and at $10 a month, I somehow doubt they'll go lower.

Thanks Victoria; sort of doubted it myself.
Au$15 down here and I agree that is pretty good value. It's the sort of "locked in" I don't like

I get that, but remember that if you stop paying, it doesn't lock you out of your photos. Most of it still works, but it just stops you editing them further until you start paying again.

Thanks Victoria; sort of doubted it myself.
Au$15 down here and I agree that is pretty good value. It's the sort of "locked in" I don't like
Since the develop instructions and algorithms are different for each non-destructive editor, you are locked in to whichever editor you use. That's as much true if you use Capture One or Bibble as it is with Lightroom.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back