• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • We are delighted to announce that Single Sign On has just gone live, so you'll no longer have to remember multiple login details for this site. Most existing passwords have been carried over, but if your password doesn't work, you can reset it using the Lost My Password link. Your current forum username is Guest. You're welcome to choose your preferred username here.

Lightroom only subscription

Ian.B

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
G'day; it's been awhile . I was getting a bit left behind with my old faithful lr5 which basically does what I need.
But the question is; has there been any mention / thought that Adobe would have a lightroom only subscription as some stage . I don't need Ps or the Cloud part. Not even sure I want, or need any more than Lr5 however I do often wonder what I may be missing .
Mainly because I'm so used to it, Lr would seem to be the better photo organizing and first edit App while Affinity photo ticks the advanced editing boxes for me. Sadly On1 was (is) too unstable on my new computer--- I wasted lots of little dollars there!! :(
Cheers :)

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
Nope, and at $10 a month, I somehow doubt they'll go lower.

Ian.B

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Thanks Victoria; sort of doubted it myself.
Au$15 down here and I agree that is pretty good value. It's the sort of "locked in" I don't like

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
I get that, but remember that if you stop paying, it doesn't lock you out of your photos. Most of it still works, but it just stops you editing them further until you start paying again.

PhilBurton

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Thanks Victoria; sort of doubted it myself.
Au$15 down here and I agree that is pretty good value. It's the sort of "locked in" I don't like
Since the develop instructions and algorithms are different for each non-destructive editor, you are locked in to whichever editor you use. That's as much true if you use Capture One or Bibble as it is with Lightroom.

Phil