• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom & Olympus capture

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmoudot

Lightroom Version Number
Classic (update through Creative Cloud)
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello,
I'm working with an Olympus Camera.
Starting studio photo, I failed to use connecte my camera to LR (Capture in connected mode) .
Olympus provides Olympus Capture a software which allows to pilot it directly from a laptop.
I red that it is possible to create a direct link with LR. So far I 've not been able to do it.
Thank a lot if somebody couls help me.
how to capture photos directly in LR during a studio session.

I’m using an Olympus OMD 1 (MKII) starting to work in portrait sessions (amateur).

Olympus provides “Olympus Capture” which allows the camera monitoring directly from the PC, up to the shot.

Then the photo is not yet available while I would like to see it on the screen of the PC to detect the improvements.

On Olympus web site it is said that LR can work with Olympus capture… no more (Olympus is known to provide good cameras but hermetic user manuals!).

Thanks a lot in advance if you could help.

Not directly! but a work-around:
Lr-Classic does not support tethering with Olympus. ! SUPPORTED CAMERAS TETHERED

1) Use Olympus Capture to 'Save' the images to a folder in the PC
2) Set up Lightroom to use Auto-Import.

The Auto-Import setup will have the "Watched Folder" set to the folder where Olympus Capture places the files. (I have my watched folder on the desktop)
The "Destination Folder" for the Auto-Import will be the one you have visible on the monitor- seeing the images in Lightroom, with the "Destination Folder" selected, and set the sort to 'Added Order', Loupe view.

So the process is-
Shoot > file > Watched Folder > Destination Folder > on Lr screen.
Note: the Watched folder needs to be empty of files when you set up Auto-Import.

Last edited:
Lr-Classic does not support tethering with Olympus. ! SUPPORTED CAMERAS TETHERED

The Auto-Import setup will have the "Watched Folder" set to the folder where Olympus Capture places the files. (I have my watched folder on the desktop)
The "Destination Folder" for the Auto-Import will be the one you have visible on the monitor- seeing the images in Lightroom, with the "Destination Folder" selected, and set the sort to 'Added Order', Loupe view.

So the process is-
Note: the Watched folder needs to be empty of files when you set up Auto-Import.

So the process is-

i have just purchased olympus camera and wjen going to look at the images i finds lightroom will not open that type of file. can you help me , is this what i am suppose todo. sounds complicated

sa

This thread has been about 'Tethering' a camera by USB cable and the photos automatically importing to the LrC Catalog as the camera takes photos.
Your problem ".. will not open that type of file.." is something different.
You need a Version of Lightroom-Classic that is compatible with the type of file your camera creates.
You have not stated your exact Camera Model, neither have you told us your Version number of Lightroom and OS.
Look here to see compatibility- ! SUPPORTED CAMERAS
There are options, if you tell us your details of camera and OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back