• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • We are delighted to announce that Single Sign On has just gone live, so you'll no longer have to remember multiple login details for this site. Most existing passwords have been carried over, but if your password doesn't work, you can reset it using the Lost My Password link. Your current forum username is Guest. You're welcome to choose your preferred username here.

Lightroom not opening

jcooper

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Lightroom Version
Operating System
macOS 10.11 El Capitan
Hi. I've been reading a few threads as my external drive that I was working on accidentally unplugged when I was exporting an image. I went to reopen Lightroom and it only appeared with a grey screen (no error message). I read that the .lock file should be deleted and then the catalogue could be reopened. That isn't working. Any other ideas? There is also a .lrcat-journal that appears now.

Attachments

jcooper

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Unfortunately not recently. I was doing some file reorganizing a while ago and did not back it up yet.

jcooper

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
I am a beginner, not sure if it's backed up on there or how to check, unfortunately.