• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import Lightroom not loading photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVLMike

AVLMike
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic Version 10.1.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello, all. I have a file stored in a hard drive from which I loaded about a dozen photographs into LR about five years ago. There were about 20-30 additional photographs in the same file in that drive which I've not moved in the intervening years. Recently, I went into that file with the intention of moving the remaining photos into LR as well, but LR wouldn't permit them to be uploaded -- I got the "dark photo" result when I clicked on the target photos. My understanding is that the dark photo effect indicates that I've already loaded these photos somewhere in LR, but I've searched to see where I might have mistakenly loaded them and can't find them in any other LR folders. Any suggestions as to how to solve this problem to allow me to load (or access) these photos in LR? Thanks --

File=Image File. Folder = a Directory for storing one or more files.

I presume that you mean folder. If you wish to import from a folder that you previously imported files from before, if the ones that you want are grayed out, then these have probably been imported before. You can search by file name in Lightroom to find one and the folder where all might be.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do mean folder; sorry for the error. I can locate the folder which appears to be the one from which I imported the photos, but LR will not let me input the rest of the photos in that folder (the same greyed-out result). I store my out-of-camera photos in three separate hard drives but usually work from only one hard drive when I import photos into LR for editing; could the issue here be that the LR catalogue is expecting that I will be linked up to a different hard drive when I'm editing these other photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back