• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom not detecting photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_3

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 9.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Just installed Lightroom on new Mac desktop. Trying to download photo's from my camera - Canon EOS R - RAW files.
Lightroom just says no photo's found.
I have tried connecting by cable and using SD slot - still nothing.
Any ideas?
Regards
Chris

Just installed Lightroom on new Mac desktop. Trying to download photo's from my camera - Canon EOS R - RAW files.
Lightroom just says no photo's found.
I have tried connecting by cable and using SD slot - still nothing.
Any ideas?
Regards
Chris

Would make absolutely sure that you are running the latest version of Catalina (10.15.3) and the latest version of Lightroom Classic (9.2) or Lightroom (3.2). I do seem to remember that there were some issues that you describe with the earlier releases of Catalina.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply.
I am using Catalina 10.15.3 & Lightroom Classic 9.2.
Lightroom will not detect photos when importing from camera (via cable) or from SD card directly inserted into computer.

There is more to what you are experiencing than "Lightroom will not detect photos when importing" because this is working for everyone else.

Do the following:
  1. Reboot the computer. Does the problem still persist?
  2. Rename Lightroom Preferences to force LR Classic to create and new Preferences.
If the problem is still present after step 2, post a screen shot of the Import Dialog and we will proceed from there.

Are your files in a sub-folder on the card? I had this same problem and message until a week ago when my LR/Photoshop did an update. Canon camera and Windows 10. Just go to Adobe CC and check for updates. This hopefully will correct the problem. Also confirm that "include subfolders" in the upper left corner is checked.

Also, in System Preferences > Security > Files & Folders, make sure Lightroom has access to the removable drive/device.

Hi folks, I have exactly the same problems as Chris3. Am running LRClassic 9.2 on Catalina 10.15.3. Lightroom is recognising my camera but cannot see the files. 'No photos found' message. Tethering does not work either, just searches for the camera.

It started when I got an error message, after updating, on startup saying there were permission issues and LR may not function as it should. Adobe offered this solution:
Solutions to Adobe Lightroom Lightroom user permission issues on launch. I followed this and changed the permissions (have subsequently changed back and forth to check, still the same). I have also deleted and reinstalled LR a couple of times.

Adobe also suggested deleting the Preferences folder in my library which I have done.

Followed the suggestions above too but Victroia I could not find this: My security options in system preferences are not the same as yours.
"System Preferences > Security > Files & Folders, make sure Lightroom has access to the removable drive/device".

I have attched a screenshot of the permissions set as adobe recommended.

Thanks in advance for any help, I have spent a few hours on this already and am shooting on Thursday with a new customer :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-17 at 21.16.27.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-17 at 21.16.27.png
    815.1 KB · Views: 250
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back