• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! New cameras (including the Canon R5/R6), lens profiles and bug fixes, and the ability to disable built-in lens corrections for specific new cameras. Here's the usual list

Lightroom Mobile

geoffbutton

Lightroom Version
Adobe Classic 9.3
Operating System
Windows 10
Hi all,
I'm trying to get to grips with LR Mobile but I have some questions which are causing me problems, I hope you can help ..

1. In the LR Mobile library mode, I see the 3 modes, All Photos, People, Deleted. In the All photos I have the number 21622, what exactly does this number relate to? In the same Library mode I have 2 albums which in total add up to 894 images, these images are also in the All Photos collection. On my desktop PC I have 22080 images in the catalogue.

2. Where are the images stored? I have taken a shot with the camera in LR Mobile, this shows in the ALL PHOTOS collection of LR Mobile, it does not show in my device (android) gallery.
I need it to be stored with my other images in my main catalogue, and available in the appropriate albums / collections and in my backup.

3. If I need to delete the app and start from scratch will it delete any images, how do I do this process?

4. I am using the LR Mobile app on a Huawei smart phone and a Samsung Tab A tablet.

many thanks for your help in advance,
geoffbutton

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hi all,
I'm trying to get to grips with LR Mobile but I have some questions which are causing me problems, I hope you can help ..

1. In the LR Mobile library mode, I see the 3 modes, All Photos, People, Deleted. In the All photos I have the number 21622, what exactly does this number relate to? In the same Library mode I have 2 albums which in total add up to 894 images, these images are also in the All Photos collection. On my desktop PC I have 22080 images in the catalogue.
All Photos shows all the photos that have been synced to your cloud account, so that should be the same on your phone and tablet. Any of those photos can be included in one or more albums, but don't have to be. So you can have photos in All Photos which are themselves not in any album.

"On my desktop PC" means what exactly? Lightroom Classic, or the Lightroom app (there's a "cloudy" app which is very similar to the LrMobile app, which is available for Windows and Mac computers). If you mean the latter (Lightroom), the All Photos total should be the same as LrMobile on phone and tablet. But if you mean LrClassic, then the totals don't always match.....that's because you can control which of your LrC photos are synced to the cloud. However, in LrC you should see an All Synced Photographs collection in the Catalog panel, and that total should be the same as the All Photos total on your phone/tablet (though not if you have synced videos, as those do not appear in the All Synced Photographs total).

2. Where are the images stored? I have taken a shot with the camera in LR Mobile, this shows in the ALL PHOTOS collection of LR Mobile, it does not show in my device (android) gallery.
I need it to be stored with my other images in my main catalogue, and available in the appropriate albums / collections and in my backup.
It depends. Photos taken with the LR camera on phone ot tablet are stored locally only in the specific app's space, and are synced to the cloud (where they become the master). So they do not get stored in the device's native gallery/camera roll. Photos taken with the native camera ARE stored in the native gallery/camera roll, but can also be imported (manually or automatically) into the LrMobile app.....that's a copy of the original, stored in the LrMobile's own space and synced to the cloud.

Regarding storing it "with my other images in my main catalog" I assume you mean LrClassic. In which case, provided the catalog is sync-enabled then any new photos added to the LrMobile apps will automatically be synced into the LrC catalog as soon as they have uploaded from the device to the cloud. There's a default location for those downloads into LrC, but you can change that via Classic's Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab.

3. If I need to delete the app and start from scratch will it delete any images, how do I do this process?
If you delete the app from one of your devices, only the local content is deleted. When you re-install LrMobile it will automatically be refreshed with the current contents of your cloud account.

You haven't actually made it very clear what the problems are that you are experiencing, so if you can describe them in more detail I'm sure we'll be able to help.