• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom mobile transfer problem between Iphone X and MacPro

Status
Not open for further replies.

john-gault

Lightroom Version Number
V52434BCAC
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
  2. macOS 10.15 Catalina
  3. iOS
Hi Community,

I have been using this app on the Iphone for a while in 2019 and as an estate agent, I transfered my photos via AirDrop, all at once, which varies between 30 and 100 pics. But by the end of the year or early 2020, the transfer would not work if I asked for more than 1 or 2 photos... I have a message saying that the transfer has been cancelled by my Iphone. I did update the app or delete it and reinstall it but nothing. I have paid for the full version, about 5 euros/month but it did not work either. Why pay then...
Since then, I use the standard photo app that comes with the Iphone. It is quite easy too, but I simply like Lr better and would like it to work. Besides I'll be interested in purchasing a Lr on the MacBook Pro so I can also have instant upload via the cloud.

So my question is, what do I need to do in order to make my transfers via AirDrop work?

What do I need to purchase in order for my photos to be shared with my other Adobe softwares via a cloud?

Many thanks if you have the answer :)

John

I'm not sure why you are trying to transfer via AirDrop.
Do you have an Adobe subscription?

On the iPhone Settings {General}{Available}, how much storage capacity remains?

The latest version of Lightroom mobile is v5.4.2. build 25D6E5 on my iPhone. I would start by updating to that version.

I'm not sure why you are trying to transfer via AirDrop.
Do you have an Adobe subscription?

On the iPhone Settings {General}{Available}, how much storage capacity remains?

The latest version of Lightroom mobile is v5.4.2. build 25D6E5 on my iPhone. I would start by updating to that version.

Thank you for your answer.
I do not have a subscription, but I would be happy to. What exact subscription should I get in order to synchronise my photos from Iphone to Mac?

I have now updated to the same version you mention, but the transfer is still impossible exactly as before the update.

I have over 30 GB free on the phone. I am using AirDrop because it has worked well for me in the past.

So my transfer problem remains unresolved for now.

It would seem to me that your problem is Airdrop. Presumably you are trying to share from Lightroom to AirDrop. Airdrop on the iMac then received the files in IIRC the Desktop or Downloads folders. From the iMac you open Lightroom and import from the folder where they were deposited by AirDrop.

There are two subscription offers that you might consider to facilitate the sync of images from Lightroom mobile to LRClassic.

One only gives you 20GB of cloud storage to. Hold files from the iPhone. This is not a lot if you are importing from a camera card or shooting lots of iPhone Photos. The other plans gives you 1TB of cloud storage,. More than enough to move image files from the iPhone to the Lightroom Classic catalog on the iMac.
The monthly subscription is ~$10USD per month for the 20GB plan and ~$20USD/month for the 1TB plan. Either plan gives you Cloud storage , Lightroom Classic and Lightroom for the Compuer plus Photoshop and Sloud storage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Cletus,

Thank you for the response. I am ok with tyhe 20GB storage for now as the photos might no need to stay there anyway.

On my way to purchasing a monthly subscription.

John :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back