• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

lightroom mobile sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorenzo

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hi I have got a CC subscription.
I use Lightroom mobile on my iPhone and iPad and on my MacBook Pro.
I'd like to sync my mobile library with more than a PC (I've got a Macbook and a Windows computer at work).
In the past when I tried to log in from Lightroom Mobile on another desktop/laptop my library files were erased from the cloud.

Is it possible to access to my mobile library from more than one computer?

many thanks

Hi, welcome to the forum.

As you've found out, only one Lightroom desktop catalog can be synced to LRmobile at a time.....switching to a different catalog means deleting all existing synced photos. So, if you want full Lightroom access from two different computers, it can't be done. However, don't forget that you can access your synced photos from a browser on any computer using LR Web, and although it doesn't have the complete set of Lightroom features there's still an awful lot of things that you can do using it.

It displays a 2048px jpeg, and has the option to download the original file as well as the lower resolution jpeg..

So it syncs the massive RAWs? Fantastic. That being said I know it's not a backup solution for which I use Dropbox Premium with file history.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Actually, it depends on how your photos were uploaded to Lightroom Web. If you uploaded them by synching them from Lightroom Desktop, you will only have the option to download the 2048 px version.

Ah ok, and if via Android LR Mobile RAW sync then the RAW is available, until sync'd to desktop.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

...until sync'd to desktop.

Not sure what you mean by this. If you upload an original, either from LRm or LRWeb, it stays an original in the mobile ecosystem. If the original doesn't already exist in LR Desktop then it's the full original that's downloaded, but if the original does already exist in LR Desktop then it will be downloaded as a VC, if the duplicates detection works, or a new copy of the file if it doesn't.

Ok... Well I mean that LRW is not a backup solution, it's a sync solution.. So while the full RAW file may sync from mobile and be available for download, it's not to be treated as a backup.

Sent from Samsung S8+ using Tapatalk

Yes, Adobe say it isn't a backup solution (although I use it as that.... plus my photos are also on an offline hd).

Hopefully it will be though, as when Adobe Revel (their old backup solution) closed they said, in the departure email, that Cloud Storage will be coming to Lightroom.

That was 18+ months ago though!

Reed

It depends on your point of view. Any images uploaded to the mobile system, either from LRm or LRW, will be backed up on their servers by Adobe, so for those files you could argue that it is indeed a backup solution, though a pretty narrow one. I have a lot of my images uploaded to their servers, but the "backup" aspect is something I have ignored as it doesn't factor in all the other critical files on my system(s). So I take responsibility for backing up all my data, photographic and not, on all my systems, and use the LR mobile ecosystem purely as a means to access my synced photos from any location.

My approach will likely never change, no matter what Adobe may have up their sleeve, as I cannot imagine them ever getting into the system-wide backup solution game.

Nor do they need to... It's all just an Amazon front end these days, including Dropbox... So I use Dropbox for backup, works beautifully, with a year of file version history. In addition to occasional offline backup.

Sent from Samsung S8+ using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back