• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom Mobile sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

theotherlinh

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I'm pretty sure this isn't possible, but is there a way to get LR Mobile features on the desktop? Specifically, I'm looking to buy a Surface and wanted to use it to do some light/mobile work. Mostly culling, sorting, cropping. All this can of course be done an an iPad/Android tablet as well, but having full Windows would be helpful to me for other tasks.

At best, I can use the web and rate.. but the interface is lacking. Trying to find out if Adobe ever announced a way (or plan) to do this desktop to laptop vs desktop to dedicated mobile.

Linh

It is a feature that I would love to see. Mobile devices, iPads and Android tablets are too limited in functionality to provide "industrial strength" service. The SurfacePro3 and MacBookAir are fully functional computers with enough horsepower to be of practical use as a mobile device in the field. I would love to get the LR Mobile files from my Master catalog on my 13" MBP like I can on my iPhone.

It only has 6 votes... not sure how to get more attention to this.
7 votes now..

It would be nice if the functionality on https://lightroom.adobe.com would comparable with the mobile apps on android en ios. Only culling and rating is possible now.

It would be nice if the functionality on https://lightroom.adobe.com would comparable with the mobile apps

I would guess that's the way it's heading. They've recently added uploading from a desktop web browser and embedding galleries in other websites, so they're making continued progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back