• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom Mobile -> Classic syncing (filename changes?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
  2. iOS
While on the road, I've imported some camera files from my Olympus camera into Lightroom Mobile and processed them. Now that I'm back home, I read that same camera card and its images to my Mac, but I've given the imported files different names than those given in Lightroom Mobile. When I sync, I now get two files for each image, one with the "mobile name", the other with the "Mac name". Is there any way to link the two, esp. if I'd like to copy the adjustments from the Mobile version to the one related file on the Mac?

Thanks,
Dave

For the future, don't import the same images into Classic, that's just asking for confusion. If you've imported them into LrMobile, just let them sync down into Classic, no need to re-import them. Then, if you want to rename the images, rename them in Classic after they've downloaded, and the rename will sync back to the cloud so that the cloud files are renamed as well.

For now, if you've not done any processing on the Mac-imported images, I'd simply delete them and then rename the Mobile images instead.

If you use File > Import Photos and have Ignore Duplicates enabled, Classic Lightroom should detect the files which are arriving via Sync as duplicates. I'd have to test, but I think that happens even before the files have synced down.

For the future, don't import the same images into Classic, that's just asking for confusion. If you've imported them into LrMobile, just let them sync down into Classic, no need to re-import them. Then, if you want to rename the images, rename them in Classic after they've downloaded, and the rename will sync back to the cloud so that the cloud files are renamed as well.

For now, if you've not done any processing on the Mac-imported images, I'd simply delete them and then rename the Mobile images instead.
Good suggestion, thanks. I should have thought of that. I think I confused myself when thinking of sending files from the Mac to Lightroom Mobile vs. the opposite, when the originals come from the mobile version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back