• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom Mobile and iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayPertierra

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I have my personal LR 5.4 and we use LR 5.4 at my work.
If I have LR Mobile on my iPad is there a way to access these two different systems?
(Wishing for a lot I'm sure).

Hi, welcome to the forum. But sorry to say that currently you can only sync to one catalog at a time.

He is a lucky guy. I cannot sync ANY catalog due to problems in LR5.4 with the cloud.

What problems are you having?

What problems are you having?

None any more.

Despite the msg that has to do with adding the networkname om MAC (I am on Win) I didn't change anything and it works automagically since yesterday. Go figure (what Adobe did and did not tell ...)

Networkproblems and messages with MAC in them mostly refer to the MAC address. That's the unique number of your NIC (network interface). This is also the case on Windows systems...

I think you misunderstood. This is he "official solution" from Adobe:

cut here -----------------------------
When you sign in to Lightroom in order to sync to Lighroom mobile, this error displays: Lightroom has experienced an unexpected Sign In failure. Please try again later. (attempt to index a nil value)

This is a known issue. The following workaround will allow you sign-in access.
1. Open System Preferences in Mac OS.
2. Select Sharing.
3. Enter your computer name into the Computer Name field. The computer name you need to enter into this field is in the text directly under this field, and contains a .local suffix. The computer name you need to enter is this name, but without the .local.
Note: If the computer name in the text is just .local, enter whatever computer name you wish into the Computer Name field, but do not include the .local.
4. Close System Preferences.
---------------------------------cut here

I didn't do anything and it works now. The error I encountered was different though: the signing in process just kept runnen (for hours).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back