• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom misadventure while renaming external drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

rads

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Help!

I have my photograph files (CR2s and JPGs) as well as my Lightroom catalogue on an external USB flash drive.

For a reason too longwinded to post here, I needed to change the name of the external USB drive from "Photographs" to "Seagate." As soon as I did this, I realized that Lightroom could not find my photos. Foolishly, I tried to fix the problemm by reverting the external drive back to "Photographs."

Now Lightroom does not seem to know most of my photos exist, Usually if a folder is missing, there is a little question mark beside the folder name. In my case, the folder names are not even listed in Lightroom. It's like they don't exist. If I look at the external drive, I can see that all the photos etc are still there. How can I get Lightroom to recognize them?

Also, for the future, what is a better way to rename an external drive so Lightroom does not get confused?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back