• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

rctneil

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Hey,

I couldn't find a better place for this question so here will have to do for now. Can anyone point me towards a copy of the Lightroom 5 logo in SVG?

Kind regards,
Neil

Neil,

Google appears to be your friend. I tried 'svg lightroom logo' and got a bunch of hits. :)

Am I missing something?

I'm not aware that Adobe provides SVG files. You can access the icon file from within the app resources folder, but as far as I know, everything's rendered.

Thanks. It's not necessarily one that is provided by Adobe. One that someone has drawn is fine. As long as it's the same as the proper icon.

Might seem like a silly question, but no one has asked.

Why?

And the possible infringement of Copyright?

Infringement of Copyright? Are you joking? All I require it for is to add it to my in development new personal website to show where my photos in my gallery are managed. I have a colophon page on the site stating what tools were used to build it etc and I have added SVG logos for each item.

As for why I need SVG. Why not? Small filesizes, work at multiple resolutions and zoom levels. When used inline, they can be targeted and modified via CSS. Loads of benefits. Yes they have cross browser issues here and there but that's nothing that can't be solved with a bit of fallback trickery.

Have you tried asking Adobe for this file that you need? If it is available for free use, maybe they will provide it to you as they would have an interest in the logo being correct in color etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back