• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom iPad 7.1.1 brush mask and apple pencil

Status
Not open for further replies.

davebacon76

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom for iPad 7.1.1
Operating System
  1. iOS
Hi friends
I need your help.
Using a 3rd gen iPad Pro with 15.2 PadOS. Lightroom for iPad is 7.1.1
Since upgrading to the new v7 with masking, I cannot get the brush mask to work with Apple Pencil. I twice lodged it with adobe, but they automatically closed the tickets.
I have “only draw with Apple Pencil” toggled off, and can get the brush mask to work correctly with my finger, but it won’t create the mask when using the pencil.
I have tried logging out then back in, I have deleted and reinstalled the app, I even erased my iPad and started from scratch…same result. Last week I got my wife a fresh new iPad Air, and it behaves exactly the same way.
Does anyone have the brush mask working correctly with Apple Pencil?

Video attached (oh.…and pardon the frog noises in the background of the video )

AFAIK, this is a known bug. That is probably why they close individual tickets that effectively do not say anything but “it happens to me too”.

Thanks Johan. So strange that they let this bug through and have not have fixed it in the last few updates. Brush masks with Apple Pencil is probably the most important feature for iPad

I have the Only Draw with Apple Pencil on, and Brush works fine for me with the Pencil (same iOS, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back