• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import Lightroom internal HD not appearing in Desinations when choosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy5923

Lightroom Version Number
Classic version: 10.2 [ 202103041821-226a1211 ]
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Greetings,

Problem: When I am importing photographs from a card or external HD to light room it won't let me index my drive so I can see the files. I can choose the drive in TO but it won't show up in destinations.

Information: I have a MAIN drive for windows and Programs, then a secondary drive where all my photographs are stored. Light room sees my MAIN drive, meaning I can choose it as a import location and see in destinations. When I go to import photographs I can choose my the Storage drive as my TO: drive but once I choose it, it won't show me that drive under DESTINATIONS. It only shows my main drive that houses windows and my adobe software. When I plug a external drive in, Such as SSD or even a memory card, light room sees and allows me to choose and index (Index meaning I can see all the pathways) that drive under destinations, both for FROM and TO. All my other programs see my STORAGE drive.

Thoughts: I do think this most likely is a non-light room related problem that is causing a problem in light room. I just am at a loss on how to fix it considering the STORAGE drive appears to all other programs besides light room.

Any help or pointing of the way would be greatly appreciated. I have looked on these forums and I can't find the exact solution I need. I am new to these forums so I may have missed what I am looking for.

Thank you Kindly in advance.

Timothy

What drive letters are missing? Lightroom won't show and drive letters before C:\ in the alphabet. And (going from memory here) IIRC, if you have too many items listed on your Desktop, Windows won't expose all of the mounted disks. If the latter is your case, create an empty folder on the Desktop and drag most of the items on the desktop and drop them in this new folder.

That solved my problem. My storage drive was A: I just changed the drive letter of my Storage drive to D. My main Drive was C. That was an easy fix! Thank you so much. That had me scratching my head. I thought I was just missing information and you filled in the gap.
Kind Regards,
Timothy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back