• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Lightroom integration with Amazon Cloud Drive

Fernando Lisboa

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Does anyone already make this, i have Amazon Cloud Drive where all my photos and videos are localized, and i would integrated with lighroom, any idea ?

cheers

rob211

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I've tried to import from the Cloud Drive folder and it was just hideously slow. But I can use a publish to hard drive function to send stuff there. What kind of integration are you seeking?

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I did a lot of experimenting on it, and there are quite a few issues. The most fundamental one is that it's really designed for mobile applications, and Amazon has purposely made it more difficult for it to be a pure storage solution, the API is weighted against that, and throttling and rules make it hard to capitalize on that "unlimited" use.

I tried a couple programs as a real backup solution with it, Cloudberry will do it (but they themselves recommend against using it), Goodsync will do it (and it worked better than Cloudberry but was still problem prone).

Also, if you have video or other data you want backed up (e.g. the catalog itself) it doesn't count as photos, so you need to pay extra if you have much that are not photos. Fortunately it does recognize most raw file types as photos.

There is nothing innate in ACD that supports backup needs such as point in time versioning, it's purely a place to dump files, any structure has to be imposed on it by you and/or your backup program.