• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The May 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. There's a brand new slider called Texture, available across the whole family of apps. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Flat Field Correction. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has lots of big improvements including cloud trash, invitation-only web galleries, improved chromatic aberration removal and more. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes. You'll also notice the CC's have disappeared off the end of the names, so we've updated the forum names to match.

Lightroom images not showing

Dazwilly

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version
Lightroom CC
Operating System
macOS 10.14 Mojave
I’ve recently uploaded all my images to a new hardrive and tried importing them onto lightroom. A couple of folders did not show the images. I’ve tried the new location but nothing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 3 folders particularly have gone from approximately 500 images to 30. I’ve not changed any names etc but when I look direct into the external hard drive in the folders in question all images are still showing.

Dazwilly

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
It’s the one pay for monthly lol

Dazwilly

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Oh boy..

Ok so what do you suggest as I use light room for slight edits before I do the more intense edits in photoshop.

Jim Wilde

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
We're not suggesting anything yet, we're just trying to establish which program you're actually using: Classic or Lightroom CC. Please do Help>System Info and post a screenshot of the first few lines

Dazwilly

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Hi it’s Classic I’ve just had to FaceTime my wife for her to look.

Dazwilly

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
The folders are still there and I have a few images within the folder. It did have 500 images, but now only show 30.

The only thing that I’ve changed is the external drive. There is no ? Or ! Within the folders. I’ve tried re importing but has I’ve read this has no effect. I’ve looked on my hardrive and they are in the exact folder. Would it be the drive name that could have an effect? But this has only happened to 3 select folders all the others are fine. I’m so stuck on this.

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service