• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom has stopped working error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondiegernertt

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 7
Hi! I'm new here! I'm desperately hoping someone can help.

For the past several days LR6 has not opened on the first time, but would the 2nd. Today I created a slideshow. All went well. I exited it out, while still in the slideshow mode, and now after several attempts, LR opens, but I get a message stating it's stopped working. I have a Windows 7 laptop. Do I just need to update LR? I purchased it last year from Best Buy.

Suggestions?

Thank you,
Renee'

What version of LR6 are you running. The final update was 6.14, so check under Help>System Info which actual version you have installed.

The first thing to do is update to 6.14, which is available here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Let us know if the problem still persists after doing the update.

The first thing to do is update to 6.14, which is available here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Thank you for helping me. I really appreciate it. I followed the link. I saw that Lr6 is not supported on windows 7, which is what I have. It directed me to Creative Cloud where I could download Lr Classic. Which I did. After download, it didn't open. A box popped up stating a crash has occurred. What should I do now? Have windows 10 installed on my computer?
Renee'

I would put 6.14 on your W7 machine. You have nothing to lose trying it out. I'm surprised W7 wasn't listed as supported, W7 is in service until Jan 2020, but all businesses have to decide how much backwards compatibility testing they are prepared to do. Just because LR6 isn't listed as supported doesn't mean it won't work. It means you can't get support from Adobe (you can from here!).

The probability of the newer Adobe products running (and being supported) on W7 is vanishingly small.

As a LR6.14 user myself, I plan on sticking with it (I am on W10 though). The snag will be when I upgrade my camera to a model not supported. I can't imagine going through the trouble of converting all my (new) raw files before importing into LR.

Last edited:
I would put 6.14 on your W7 machine. You have nothing to lose trying it out. I'm surprised W7 wasn't listed as supported, W7 is in service until Jan 2020, but all businesses have to decide how much backwards compatibility testing they are prepared to do. Just because LR6 isn't listed as supported doesn't mean it won't work. It means you can't get support from Adobe (you can from here!).

The probability of the newer Adobe products running (and being supported) on W7 is vanishingly small.

As a LR6.14 user myself, I plan on sticking with it (I am on W10 though). The snag will be when I upgrade my camera to a model not supported. I can't imagine going through the trouble of converting all my (new) raw files before importing into LR.

I downloaded Lr Classic on my W7. I get a error message stating a crash has occured. It doesn't even try to launch.

I've already had to deal with a new camera and getting raw files into Lr.

Mr. Wilde, I appreciate the link, but if I'm reading it correctly, the lightroom 6 download is the 6.0 version. I saw that Lr6 is not supported on windows 7, which is what I have. I did however go to the creative cloud link from that page and download the lightroom CC. Which I did. After download, it didn't open. A box popped up stating a crash has occurred. What should I do now? Have windows 10 installed on my computer? At this point I'm thinking I may need to download windows 10 for lightroom to work. Your thoughts?
Thank you,
Renee'

Jim's link produces LTR6.14.
uninstall the other LTR's and install it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back