• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom has slowed down considerably

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaios

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Updated last night to the most recent one
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
Hi all,
I am using the lightroom couple of years now and it has really slowed down. I think I have a quite powerful machine for the photos I edit. My raw files are only 24Mpixel images.
I have an i7 core-4790k, 16Gb of RAM, and a nvidia GTX 1660 ti. I have updated lightroom last night since I have not used it really the last year.
When I am editing lightroom seems to take really lot of RAM, around 11GB and the cpu jumps higher than 80%.
I do not understand why, loading a raw file, like I did in the past (I am using the last 7 years my d750 nikon) and doing simple edits, like brushing should not make the whole system to struggle.

Regards,
Alex

Please include the actual version in posts. 'most recent' doesn't actually help (as it may not be) and it's more helpful for others to learn from the thread if they have the same OS and Version.

So, at what point do they slow - when you first go into Develop for an image, or once you start doing things like Masking adjustments? If when you first open an image in Develop, it helps us understand if it's when Lr is first reading the file (unless it's already in Cache).

nvidia GTX 1660 ti
How much video RAM?
So, at what point do they slow - when you first go into Develop for an image, or once you start doing things like Masking adjustments? If when you first open an image in Develop, it helps us understand if it's when Lr is first reading the file (unless it's already in Cache).
Good questions :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back