• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again and there's some big feature improvements as well as new lenses and bug fixes! See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rctneil

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
Hi,

On my recent trip away I decided to test out LR Mobiles auto import features.

I took photos on my phone.
Periodically opened the LR Mobile app and let it import the days photos and sync to Adobe Cloud

When at home, I let the cloud photos sync down to LR Classic.

Now I am starting to go through to cull, edit, keyword and publish to my website and every now and again I come across a photo that states "Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo. Synced with Lightroom."

It won't let me edit it at all. Any suggestions as to what I can do? I can still see the same photo on my phone in LR Mobile. I tried to make a drastic edit to it on the phone like massively increasing the Exposure but I can't find a way to tell LR to force a resync for that photo. How can I get this to resolve and fix the randomly broken image?

This is happening every now and again to random photos. Very strange.

Neil

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I don't know why you're getting the problem, but as regards to "forcing a resync" of a photo, just be aware that neither Lightroom mobile or Lightroom desktop will sync edits as you make them (when you make an edit, you should see the "+" appear on the cloud symbol at the top right of the screen, which indicates that edits have been added and are waiting to be synced). Move on to another image, and those accumulated edits should sync (the "+" should disappear unless you make more edits on the newly selected image). So, edit the image, move to another one, wait for the "+" to disappear, move back to the previous image and the cloud icon should now show a checkmark to indicate that it's fully synced.

rctneil

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I don't know why you're getting the problem, but as regards to "forcing a resync" of a photo, just be aware that neither Lightroom mobile or Lightroom desktop will sync edits as you make them (when you make an edit, you should see the "+" appear on the cloud symbol at the top right of the screen, which indicates that edits have been added and are waiting to be synced). Move on to another image, and those accumulated edits should sync (the "+" should disappear unless you make more edits on the newly selected image). So, edit the image, move to another one, wait for the "+" to disappear, move back to the previous image and the cloud icon should now show a checkmark to indicate that it's fully synced.
Thanks Jim,

I did spot all that but it appears that the connection between the version Mobile sees and the version in LR Classic has broken down somehow. No matter what I do to either version, the change is not synced. I can see LR Mobile adding the plus icon and I move away and then back and it shows as up to date but nothing shows on my laptop.

What I've ended up doing is removing the photo from Mobile. Removing it from Classic (as the deletion doesn't sync due to the issue) and then reimport from my Camera Roll. The connection is now back intact and working again.

Guess I just need to go through the same process for the others that are in the same scenario.

I think something just went a bit awry with the original sync process.

Status
Not open for further replies.