• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! New cameras (including the Canon R5/R6), lens profiles and bug fixes, and the ability to disable built-in lens corrections for specific new cameras. Here's the usual list

Lightroom Gremlins

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Operating System
macOS 10.15 Catalina
I recently moved to an updated MAC. Since then, LR has been doing some strange things, almost as it is possessed by an ON1 gremlin. When I add a new External Editor, it will eventually duplicate itself. So for example if add APPXYX, next time I I go to that are there are two APPXYX on the list. That's not all, sometimes there is a variable being listed as an editor. For example I'll look the list and there will {FULL_NAME} listed as an External Editor. I've been using LR since version 4.x or something and by no means an expert. I use the part I use for what I want to do. I am currently using Classic v.9.4

Thanks

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
If no one has a better suggestion, you might try resetting LR's preferences:

LR occasionally soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of strange behavior. The article explains how to save a copy of the original preferences file, in case resetting it doesn't help and you don't want to recreate all your original settings.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
next time I I go to that are there are two APPXYX on the list. That's not all, sometimes there is a variable being listed as an editor.
Next time that happens, can you grab a screenshot. And also, go to Preferences > Show All Other Lightroom Presets button and look in the External Editors folder. A Finder screenshot of that folder showing dates might offer some clues. I'm wondering if there's a Catalina file permissions issue or something weird like that.