• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom going crazy - jumping to last photo & brush size continuously increasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrishowe

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom (desktop cloud based)
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
The title says it - I put on a linear gradient, then try to brush in a bit more - the brush size keeps expanding continuously. Also I click on an earlier photo and LR slowly goes along the filmstrip until it reaches the last photo !!!! I tried shutting LR then re-opening but still happening. I will turn PC off and restart now & see if that helps. Anyone else got/had this?

Sounds like your keyboard has a stuck key…

Or you have a Wacom tablet plugged in with the stylus next to the pad. I know that one from experience.

Or you have a Wacom tablet plugged in with the stylus next to the pad. I know that one from experience.
No tablet, I have switched off keyboard - still does it but only when I move mouse over image

Or a mousepad has something on it perhaps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No tablet, I have switched off keyboard - still does it but only when I move mouse over image

The title says it - I put on a linear gradient, then try to brush in a bit more - the brush size keeps expanding continuously. Also I click on an earlier photo and LR slowly goes along the filmstrip until it reaches the last photo !!!! I tried shutting LR then re-opening but still happening. I will turn PC off and restart now & see if that helps. Anyone else got/had this?
Restarted PC - still happening. Microsoft virus check says no threats found?

Do you have a spare mouse? You could try that.

Do you have a spare mouse? You could try that.

I think Hal might be on track here. Try disabling your Wireless mouse and connect a wired mouse. If the jitters go away, then you have a problem with that wireless mouse. A Mous like any other piece of hardware is subject to eventual failure. Also it you have an optical mouse, try cleaning the dust bunnies from the optical viewport.

I think Hal might be on track here. Try disabling your Wireless mouse and connect a wired mouse. If the jitters go away, then you have a problem with that wireless mouse. A Mous like any other piece of hardware is subject to eventual failure. Also it you have an optical mouse, try cleaning the dust bunnies from the optical viewport.

Have tried another optical mouse - same effect - family have lost my old wired mouse.

Have tried another optical mouse - same effect - family have lost my old wired mouse.
Can you make sure that you are using the latest Mouse drivers? Did both optical mice use the Same driver or were different drivers required for each.

Which Video graphics card are you using and is that driver upto date?

Can you make sure that you are using the latest Mouse drivers? Did both optical mice use the Same driver or were different drivers required for each.

Which Video graphics card are you using and is that driver upto date?
Aha, now back in the country and wired mouse has arrived, and issues resolved. So it must’ve been a problem with the wireless mouse. Thanks all for suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back