• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom froze during the shutdown process. now it won't open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip22037

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
I have the photographers subscription to Creative Cloud. It is up to date. I can't open it to check the system info because it says "Application not responding."
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I was doing a normal shutdown and LR was checking the catalog. Then it froze during that process. I waited until the next morning and it was still stuck in the middle of the process, so I followed directions to do a force quit. Now it won't open when I click on the LR icon in the Creative Cloud apps. I am on an iMac with OS 10.13 High Sierra

I was doing a normal shutdown and LR was checking the catalog. Then it froze during that process. I waited until the next morning and it was still stuck in the middle of the process, so I followed directions to do a force quit. Now it won't open when I click on the LR icon in the Creative Cloud apps. I am on an iMac with OS 10.13 High Sierra
There are two likely suspects. The first one is the preferences file. It could have gotten corrupted as a result of that freeze. Reset your preferences and see if that works: How do I reset Lightroom's Preferences? | The Lightroom Queen
The second is the catalog. It too could be corrupted as a result of the crash. Move the catalog folder out of its location (usually your Pictures folder) then start Lightroom. Lightroom should say it can't find the catalog, let it create a new one just to see if that works. If that works, then move the catalog folder back and replace the catalog file with a backup.
If both don't work, you may have to uninstall and reinstall Lightroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back