• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom Enhance Details not working for Fujifilm X-Trans files - Coloured Squares written over image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennedda

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 8.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I updated to the latest version of Lightroom and tried the "enhance details" function on a Fujifilm .xf file and the result was an image with coloured squares superimposed on the image. I tried a Sony .arw file and a Canon .cr2 file and both worked. So, there is nothing wrong with my system (Apple OSX 13.6, AMD Radeon 7950). Does any body have a work around or suggestion?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 2.54.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 2.54.11 PM.png
    339.9 KB · Views: 229
I too had hilarious results with Pentax .PEF files and Panasonic .RW2 files. I tried a variety of scenes and all I got was that they looked as if a purple pantyhose was placed over the photos.

I get something similar on my 5-6 year of Mac laptop, not on my PC which has more RAM and a graphics card.

This is a picture of me with a Fuji XT2....

I also, after having to update Windows 10 to the latest version, only get a black preview and DNG file generated. This smacks of a not well thought through add-on, to placate the moaning Fuji users. TBH, having to 'enhance' each and every X-trans file using this dialog box method, which is dependent on the speed of your graphics card, is NOT a solution. The main rendering engine needs to be completely overhauled to detect and render X-trans files on import... like other software can! Adobe are in danger of losing a huge amount of photographers, as the popularity of Fuji system cameras increase.

Yes, seeing the same issue as the OP although not so bad. Mind you I only tried one Fuji file. Looking at the bits I could, I didn't see any difference with the original RAF. The new DNG looked a bit brighter and that gave the impression of more detail in a subject's pupils, but it wasn't any more detailed.

Gave up, downloaded Phase One for Fuji but, TBH, don't see much in it. Lightroom has improved a lot of late. But not this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back