• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • 25 June 2024 It's Lightroom update time again! See What’s New in Lightroom Classic 13.4, Mobile & Desktop (June 2024)? for the bug fixes and new lens profiles. Warning... this is a minor dot release and does NOT fix some of the bugs introduced in 13.3, so if you reverted to 13.2 due to bugs (e.g. sync issues), we'd suggest you stay there for now.

Lightroom Encountered User Permission Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALTDLP

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic v. 12.5
Operating System
  1. macOS 13 Ventura
Suddenly getting this message on my Mac: "Lightroom does not have write permission to some standard user folders. Please click the "Repair to Continue" button to grant permissions. Lightroom might not work correctly if you continue without correcting the issues"

When i click "Repair to Continue" I get another box that states LR cannot fix the permission issue for you automatically. Tells me to click on a "Learn More" link that brings me to a site that says i should manually change folder permissions to "Read & Write," but all 4 folders are already all read and write. Also checked System Settings/Privacy & Security/Files & Folders but LR is already on Full Disk Access. Also tried System Settings/Privacy & Security/Full Disk Access and LR is already checked.

Don't know why this happened. LR was working yesterday. What else can I do?

Suddenly getting this message on my Mac: "Lightroom does not have write permission to some standard user folders. Please click the "Repair to Continue" button to grant permissions. Lightroom might not work correctly if you continue without correcting the issues"

When i click "Repair to Continue" I get another box that states LR cannot fix the permission issue for you automatically. Tells me to click on a "Learn More" link that brings me to a site that says i should manually change folder permissions to "Read & Write," but all 4 folders are already all read and write. Also checked System Settings/Privacy & Security/Files & Folders but LR is already on Full Disk Access. Also tried System Settings/Privacy & Security/Full Disk Access and LR is already checked.

Don't know why this happened. LR was working yesterday. What else can I do?
Resolved with Adobe

Agreed but Adobe rep went through too many of my apps and folders for me to be able to re-create it for you (or me). One important point though is that this will happen to me every time I update my Soft Raid external drive in my Mac.

Got caught on a similar issue a couple of years ago. I had a couple of Adobe tech heads take over the PC for the best part of the day before they discovered it was a permissions issue. Easily fixed. I can tell you, they were getting quite frustrated by that time. Perhaps it was something I did with moving things around or just a glitch but somehow a folder that Lr needed to access, had lost access permissions. Unfortunately, in this case, error messaging from Lr was not sufficient to identify the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back