• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again and there's some big feature improvements as well as new lenses and bug fixes! See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Import Lightroom doesn't recognize photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic Version 9.2.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I've been trying to be more organized about my folders and files but somehow I've gotten myself into a problem just in importing a group of photos/files. I have about 8 photos on a hard drive I'm trying to import, but LR is not recognizing these photos -- it shows them grayed out, as if they were already imported. I've already imported one photo from this group successfully (in fact, I've edited it already) but I can't import the rest of the shots. The likeliest reason for this problem is that somehow I've already unknowingly imported the others, but I haven't been able to locate where they might have landed in my folders. Can anyone suggest a solution to this issue and/or a way to search for the potentially already-imported photos. thanks

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Do you rename files on import? If not, search for them by file name. If you do, think about what their new names should be and search on that.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Or if you know what date they were captured, you could use the Metadata Filters to search by date.

Status
Not open for further replies.