• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Lightroom Development Workflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Does anyone have a workflow that you follow with all images ,i would like to have a workflow order that i follow with each image.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I use a modified version of John Beardsworth's Workflow Smart Collection It is most efficient in getting each image keyworded, Titled, Described in addition to applying crops and other adjustments. The develop part I usually do from top to bottom after applying a basic utility preset on import. The last step in the process is Publishing any images that make it into a smart collection Publish Service. No image can hit the publish queue untill they have met all of the develop/labeling criteria that I have set up for insuring that images have made it completely through my Workflow.

MarathonMax

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Clee, this is an awesome workflow - or more precisely, this is an awesome way to use LR to assist you with it.

When I was still working with Aperture, I posted this workflow on my blog: http://maximegousse.wordpress.com/2010/11/19/my-aperture-workflow/

Now working with LR3, it hasn't changed much, with the exception now that I use a different rating system as described here: http://maximegousse.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/five-star-rating-is-overrated/

Great post. I will republish on my blog.

Max

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Clee, this is an awesome workflow - or more precisely, this is an awesome way to use LR to assist you with it.
Max
You can give John Beardsworth all the credit. I do need to document my additions. Mainly these are to incorporate Smart Publish Collections into the Workflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.