• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom crashes when trying to export

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cmpentecost

EVERY time I try to export, Lightroom crashes. I get the Microsoft box saying "Adobe Photoshop has encountered a problem and needs to close". The error signature is AppName: lightroom.exe, AppVer: 1.3.'', ModName: discburning.dll.

I have been able to export using the Export with preset - Burn Full Sized JPEGS, and this works, but only for a couple of photos before Lightroom locks up on me.

I'm using Lightroom 1.3.

I'm at a loss of why I'm having this problem, and how to fix it. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Christine

Never had a chance to use catalogs. Never created one. Might there be a problem that my "Documents and settings" folder is on the D: drive, different from "Windows" and "Program files" which are on C:?

No, the drive thing isn't a problem, I've got that spread across 4 drives right now.

Replytoken was saying that there may be a terminology problem, because if you have an import, then you have at least one catalog. That's the term for the sqllite database file that LR creates to house the develop/DAM data.

You can have more than one catalog, but you can't possibly have less than one. :D

If it were me, I'd try creating a new catalog, under file menu in library.
Or uninstall/reinstall LR.

Some folks will recommend wiping your prefs file, but I forget exactly where it's located, and I'm running out the door to pick up kids from school.

Anyway, between us we'll get you going, it really is a nice 1.x product, with a huge future potential.

Reinstalled.

Created new catalog as instructed.
Imported 1 folder from HD, at their current location.
In Library module selected 1 raw image with adjustments.
Pressed EXPORT button.
Crash.

Tried again all above steps with 1 raw file (no adjustments) - same result.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1'''
Date: 2/7/2''8
Time: 4:45:19 PM
User: N/A
Computer: CORUSKANT
Description:
Faulting application lightroom.exe, version 1.3.1.', faulting module discburning.dll, version '.'.'.', fault address 'x''''4e4'.

I updated the firmware on my asus dvdrw and now it works.

However it looks like bad programming to have recorder related crashes when trying export anything whatsoever.

Anyway, it works now. Thank you to all the people that tried to help.

Lightroom crash on export

I had the same export .... CRASH problem and fought it for days to determine the issue. Disabling my CD driver was all it took. I need to get that issue resolved, but I can export again. The forum is a lifesaver. Thanks to all.

That's great to hear you've figured it out kgravy. Welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back