• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom crashed, restored from bkup, now LR won't render images

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdotmatrix

Hi everyone!

Yesterday I was in GRID view. Looking through a smart folder of images without keywords and SPRAYPAINTING keywords-while in GRID view. All of a sudden , LR 5.7 began to LAG, then it hung up.

[ Just before this, somehow a small menu appeared that controlled the thumbnails in the filmstrip and I chose large or maybe bigger.....]

So I thought I would close out of LR and back stuff up because sin LR 1.0, I have never seen this ever happen.

The backup hung at 80% for half an hour. When I re-started LR- this catalog was CORRUPT and couldn't be repaired..I can't find it anymore...when I last saw it, it didn't say ******.lrcat it had other numbers and stuff in the file name....

So my last back up was on the 22nd so I lost the work since then , but I have backups.

OH BUT NOW, the images will not appear. The files, folded, collections and everything ethat was there prior to the 22nd appear as grey boxes...

Any Ideas?

Sounds as though you might have a corrupt monitor profile, certainly judging from the screenshot that you posted in another thread.

Try assigning an sRGB profile to your monitor as a test. See this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds as though you might have a corrupt monitor profile, certainly judging from the screenshot that you posted in another thread.

Try assigning an sRGB profile to your monitor as a test. See this post.
I went in and fireed up photoshop to see if there was a common issue but i was able to bring and edit an image...I calibrate my monitor so it has a color profile....? this is what you mean right?

If you calibrate, then do a re-calibration to see if that fixes the issue.

One other thought....check that all your images are online. If you're using a backup catalog then there won't be a corresponding previews cache, so initially there'll be just grey boxes, but if the images are available then Lightroom will start to render previews....but it can't do that if the images are offline, so the boxes remain grey.

Last edited:
ZILCH!!!
Calibrated...new profile...SHa-Bang! Nothing..

Verified that the files folders and devices appear and can be accessed through the finder-as well as through Lightroom but images do not render . For the benefit of anyone not finding the image I posted on a differnt post think it was this post here it is a gain....
attachment.php

I suppose I could re-install light room but forensically I would like to know what happened here...

I keep thinking it had something to do with GRID View....and/or large thumbnails in the film strip.....

QUESTION: How did I arrive a small menu that gave me choices for SIZE? small - Large ??

I am on the phone with ADOBE to resolve this mess...thanks...

If you calibrate, then do a re-calibration to see if that fixes the issue.

One other thought....check that all your images are online. If you're using a backup catalog then there won't be a corresponding previews cache, so initially there'll be just grey boxes, but if the images are available then Lightroom will start to render previews....but it can't do that if the images are offline, so the boxes remain grey.

Attachments

• DEAD_LIGHTROOM.jpg
    DEAD_LIGHTROOM.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 381
Well during the unexplained HICCUP that LR had during shut down and backing up the catalog, the preview files needed to be disabled so LR could create new ones . They did have me change sRGB profiles but that did nothing, which reminds me I need to switch it back. Once I changed the name of the preview and smart preview files LR came to life again...

This doens't explain why this happened to begin with? My computer is fine...The genius bar visit pointed to failing ram but remember checked out the ram and it passed.....SO I am afraid to go back into GRID view again....

Thanks to everyone who helped....

attachment.php

Attachments

• badpreview.jpg
    badpreview.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 355
after 2 additional hours with ADOBE, they logged in to my computer and rebuilt a catalog moved stuff here and there and now everything works....LR a great system, but throw a wrench in the catalog and the thing folds like a cheap suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back