• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom converts cannon CR3 files to DNG; Bridge doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

msilver2

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 10.0, Camera RAW 13
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I've recently started using a Canon R5, around the same time I updated Bridge to version 11 and Lightroom Classic to its 10/2020 update.
I'm used to importing my files from an SD card to Bridge and coverting the RAW files to DNG. But now Bridge doesn't convert the Canon CR3 files to DNG.
But Lightroom can convert those CR3 files to DNG.
Why can Lightroom do it but not Bridge?
(I'm using a PC with Windows 10)

Check that you also updated Camera Raw. Bridge uses that, Lightroom does not.

Not ever using Bridge, I don't see a convert to DNG option, though there is an Export to DNG option which does work on CR3 files from the R5. Using Bridge v11.0.

In Bridge, there is an option to go to file | get photos from camera. That opens a window titled "Adobe Bridge--photo downloader." It allows getting files from the camera or from an SD card in a card reader.

At the bottom is a check box that includes "convert to DNG." It doesn't work for Canon CR3 files. It works for other RAW files, though, such as RAW files from my Olympus E-M1 mark ii.

In Bridge, there is an option to go to file | get photos from camera. That opens a window titled "Adobe Bridge--photo downloader." It allows getting files from the camera or from an SD card in a card reader.

At the bottom is a check box that includes "convert to DNG." It doesn't work for Canon CR3 files. It works for other RAW files, though, such as RAW files from my Olympus E-M1 mark ii.
Just a long shot: maybe this option uses Adobe DNG Converter (in the background)? If so, make sure you have the latest version of that app too.

yes, my version of DNG converter also can convert the CR3 files to DNG. It seems it's only Bridge that can't do it!

No, I have not found a solution. Bridge continues to decline to convert CR3 files to DNG. Do you have the same issue?

Yes, I agree. STILL no solution to convert to DNG on the fly when downloading files from Canon R5 in Adobe Downloader (built into Bridge). It WAS the perfect system. Sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back