• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom Cloudy Export for Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

debragrc

Lightroom Version Number
Cloud Version. 5.3.1
Operating System
  1. iOS
How do I set resolution at 72 pixels in Lightroom Cloudy, for exporting?

Debra

How do I set resolution at 72 pixels in Lightroom Cloudy, for exporting?

Debra

When you export from Lr (cloudy), there is no resolution. Pixels are dimensionless until transfer to a viewing media. The resolution of screen media is fixed and immutable based upon the pixel dimensions of the monitor. 72ppi is an archaic value going back to day before computers controlled printers and 72 is the default cavalier when no value was supplied in the field in the file header. Almost all print apps ignore this value for determining the size of an image to be printed. Sharing from a mobile device is not really suitable for images unless you have a dedicated printing app to handle the print parameters and can control the output color, dimensions etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you. I am sharing photos for screen use. The receiver is requesting 1200 on the long side, which I can set, and then 72 pixels? Weird

Thank you. I am sharing photos for screen use. The receiver is requesting 1200 on the long side, which I can set, and then 72 pixels? Weird
1200 pixels is the only thing that matters. That you also need to use 72ppi is a myth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back