• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom cloud says 194KB used, but there are no photos in the cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicholasG

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I recently did a bunch of spring cleaning on my iMac and iOS devices: -

1) Signed out of my Abode account in Lightroom mobile on all iPhones and iPads before uninstalling the app
2) Deleted Lightroom Classic and all the cruft Adobe had left behind over the years
3) Deleted my Lightroom Library from within adobe.lightroom.com
4) Upgraded to 10.15.2 and reinstalled Lightroom Classic. I did not set up Classic -> Cloud syncing.

Now the Creative Cloud app on my iMac and Lightroom on the web both say I am using 194 KB of 20 GB even though there are no photographs in the cloud.

I know this is a tiny amount of space, but wonder if there may be some sort of problem with my account and am reluctant to starting syncing again.

Any ideas on what could be using up the space?

Thanks!

Nicholas

Have a look in the Creative Cloud Files folder (in your user folder).....there are two potential uses of the cloud space: photo files that are synced via any of Lightroom apps, and files (any type) which are stored in the Creative Cloud Files folder and are synced Dropbox-style to the cloud and then to all the other connected systems.

Thanks for the fast response. There is a file in /Users/nicholas/Creative Cloud Files called "_Cloud documents.webloc" which is 311 KB.

I closed Lightroom Classic and the Creative Cloud app. Moved the file out of the folder and re-started Creative Cloud. It still says 194 KB.

I also went from the Creative Cloud app on my iMac to the Creative Cloud web and could not find any files there either.

Maybe some presets? I would not worry about it. Life is too short to worry about 194 KB of cloud space.

Maybe some presets? I would not worry about it. Life is too short to worry about 194 KB of cloud space.

I have not created any presets (that I am aware of). Is there anyway to see them and delete them?

Thanks,
Nicholas

I have not created any presets (that I am aware of). Is there anyway to see them and delete them?
Not without a catalog in the cloud, so at least one image. Why are you so worried about 194 KB of space taken?

In the CC Assets, what about the Deleted section? This uses space, as do others like Libraries.

I have zero images in the Lightroom cloud, therefore the 194 KB can not be presets (based on your comment Johan).

Nothing in the Deleted section.

Have you a Portfolio site or Spark pages? I don't believe these count against your space usage, but I've never tested.

I have zero images in the Lightroom cloud, therefore the 194 KB can not be presets (based on your comment Johan).
That’s not what I said. I said you cannot see or remove any presets if you have no images in the cloud. And I asked why you worry about 194 KB of space you can’t explain.

1) No Spark or Portfolio pages

2) So if I load a single image into the Lightroom cloud I will be able to see if I have any presets?

3) I have had a number of issues with Lightroom on iOS so want to eliminate any possible causes.

Thanks all!

Nicholas

1) I loaded one photo. Clicked on "Edit this photo" and looked through the presets. They look like the ones delivered by Adobe. Is there anyway to check?
If you don't recognise your own custom previews, then there probably aren't any.

- I never heard back from Adobe, so deleted everything and reinstalled LR Classic as noted in the first post above.
So start syncing and see if everything goes well this time. The worse that could happen is that you get the same problem of an image that doesn't sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back