• Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The February 2018 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Enhance Detail. Lightroom CC has lots of big improvements on the desktop, including HDR Merge, Panorama Merge, Targeted Adjustment Tool and more. The Lightroom Queen eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Are you using Lightroom CC on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV or in a web browser? Are you syncing your photos to the cloud? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom CC - Edit Like a Pro! It shows you how to use the full Lightroom CC ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also learn the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily.

Lightroom (Cloud) Noise adjustment

Frogger

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
Lightroom Version
cloud
Operating System
iOS
Anyone else have any issues when making noise adjustments in Cloud LR???, where sometimes Ipad preview shows noise smoothing, but full res export does not?
Also when moving between images, going back into a picture after scrolling through other images, the noise adjustments do not show, unless you 'tap' on the noise button ....

It then updates ??

seems to be a bug ??

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
Hi Frogger, welcome to the forum!

I haven't been able to reproduce it on my iPhone, but I'll try my iPad later too. Can you confirm your exact steps, so I can do exactly the same thing? For example, how high are the noise values, are you moving between images in Detail view or another view, are you zoomed in, etc?

Frogger

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
Hi victoria

I have been researching as well. It seems to be limited to an IPad only (I have ipad Pro). I have tried on iphone and macbook and cant replicate.

The issue is in a nutshell, when any noise reduction is applied (I am working in RAW so Im not sure about Jpegs)
and to test, its a good thing to turn noise reduction up to 100 so you can easily guage the result.

1. Apply Noise
2. Move forward to another image
3. Move back to original image - noise red is not applied
4. Tap anywhere on the screen (or tap noise dial) and image then updates

seems to be a preview bug. - still frustrating that it dosent update live without prompting

Ive tried exporting and despite my earlier reports, images do seem to export with noise RD applied.

Thanks ! I have tried on 2 different IPad pros.... with the same result

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud