• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Export Lightroom Classic, Raw problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swanny48

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 11.0
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Until a couple of weeks ago, I was using LRC 10 and Mojave. I then received and update via Creative Cloud, informing me of updates to Photoshop, LRC, Bridge and camera raw but the first three were not compatible with Mojave.
I updated Raw to 14.0 but waited about a week before updating to Catalina, then updated the remaining three Creative Cloud apps.
Since then, if I picked a photo in LRC and then ‘edit in PS’ I received a message telling me I needed to upgrade to raw 14.0 which according to Creative Cloud, had already been done.
I Googled the message and went to the Adobe site where someone had asked the same question. The answer, which I followed was, ‘It is a known problem and quick solution is to tick the box which said ’don’t show message again’ and then choose open’.
Now if I choose a LRC photo and then ‘edit in PS’, it makes no difference If I had already made changes in LRC or not, the photo which appears in PS is the original unedited one whereas it used to be the edited version.
I’m wondering if I should have ticked the ‘don’t show again’ box and then ‘render in LRC’. Is there a box I should be ticking (or maybe unticking) to get me back.
Hopefully someone can help.

John

Further information. If I go into Photoshop menu... About Plugins....Camera Raw, it tells me I have version 13.4.0. 872 (not 14.0)

John

PS just had another update which I did several hr's ago. 23.0.1. I just checked about plugins and mine says 14. 14.0.0.950 actually.

I had the same update 23.0.1 this morning but it still shows Raw version 13.4.0.872 !

I’m wondering if I should have ticked the ‘don’t show again’ box and then ‘render in LRC’. Is there a box I should be ticking (or maybe unticking) to get me back.
Hopefully someone can help.
To get that message restored again, Preferences>General Tab>Reset all warning dialogs. That will restore ALL the warning dialogs for which you have previously checked the "Don't Show Again" option.

Have just seen and installed the new Camera Raw update and that seems to have sorted it.
Thanks Paul and everyone else for the suggestions. :)

John

To get that message restored again, Preferences>General Tab>Reset all warning dialogs. That will restore ALL the warning dialogs for which you have previously checked the "Don't Show Again" option.
I didn't know about that one. In the hip pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back