• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom Classic Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcnama3-verizon

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 9.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Lightroom Classic 9.x will not open on Windows 10 above build 19645. Every time I update windows (on the fast channel) and try to start the latest lightroom it crashes and pops up a Crash Report for Adobe. It has forced my to go back to an earlier edition(build 19645) where it will work. Any ideas as to what to check or change to get Lightroom working in Windows 10 later builds???? Thank you.

FWIW, I Googled 'Lightroom on Windows 10 build 19645' and found this with a work around at least for one version.

According to Paul's post, it looks like this is something Microsoft and Adobe need to work out before anyone should upgrade the Win10 build

I am running Win 10 Pro version 2004 version which is apparently the latest version and do not have any issues. Can you update to version 2004 ?

I am running Win 10 Pro version 2004 version which is apparently the latest version and do not have any issues. Can you update to version 2004 ?
I believe the Win 10 Pro version is a different versions of Windows 10. The OP has referenced build numbers for the Windows 10 Operating System (19650, 19654 and 19645), Windows 10 Pro Build numbers are different and build 2004 (preceded by 1909, 1903, etc.) is a separate version of Windows 10 and not free.

I'm using Windows 10 Home version 2004. I have no problems using Lightroom Classic version: 9.3 [Build 202005281810]
Upgrades to the latest Windows version took about 75 minutes.

I'm using Windows 10 Home version 2004. I have no problems using Lightroom Classic
You may but the article that I posted seems to imply there is a conflict with some video drivers. If you don't have that conflict you are likely fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back