• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom Classic CC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne2193

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Operating System: Windows !0

Lightroom Version: Lightroom Classic CC

Downloaded Lightroom Classic CC yesterday and all was working fine. Today I open my catalog and when I select backup it stops and closes without backing up. I reopened Lightroom and chose to optimize the catalog and it just runs and runs.
Any info regarding this problem will help.

Thanks
Wayne

Has it finished now Wayne? Maybe take a duplicate of the catalog (in the OS) just to be on the safe side.

Do you know why it is putting a 2 in the backup catalog name.
When you upgraded to LR Classic, the existing catalog should have been upgraded, resulting in a new catalog. That new catalog is usually given the same name as the original LR6 catalog, with the addition of "-2" at the end. If that happened as expected, then yes the catalog backups will also now have the "-2" at the end.

No harm there, but if it bothers you you can manually rename the catalog to give it a more meaningful name (if you do that, make sure you rename the previews caches in line with the new catalog name), then the catalog backups names will reflect the new name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back