Lightroom Classic CC version 8.0 per one time license fee ?

oliver42

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Lightroom Version
Operating System
Windows 10
I have LR 6.14 and would like to upgrad to Lightroom Classic CC version 8.0. Do I have to start a monthly subscription or is this possible with a one time license fee ?

Jim Wilde

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Lightroom Classic is only available via subscription (which can be paid annually or monthly).

oliver42

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Yesterday (Dec 5, 2018) I saw the option "Buy for 129 € in my Adobe Creative Cloud App Manager. However today it is gone.

Jim Wilde

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
That was probably for a one year subscription. LR Classic is not available for a one-off perpetual license fee.

Ferguson

Linwood Ferguson
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Do note that it includes Photoshop as well in the subscription. Also note there are three variations usually available (in addition to specials and deals some sites may have) :

1) CC + Classic + Photoshop + 20gb for $10/mo (US Price)
2) CC + Classic + Photoshop + 1TB for $20/mo
3) CC + 1TB for $10/mo

These things have been slightly a moving target, with what appears to be price testing and some bundling changes, all that (to the cynics among us) appear to be steering people more toward CC and away from Classic. They come and go on web sites, though the above is what was on the US site this morning when I looked, and what is most common.

So purchase carefully if you want Classic. The space is mostly for use with CC (though classic can upload smart previews if you wish, or can just skip the cloud all together with Classic). Also Spark is included in all but I ignored it since it's in all (it's yet another easier-to-do-web-than-our-last-4-products-maybe from them).

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
You also get a free website via Portfolio that comes with each plan.